My expertise is in Canadian business immigration, namely, as it relates to obtaining work authorization for a variety of business applicants – executives, self-employed business owners, start-up entrepreneurs, investors, intra-company transferees – and their families.
Furthermore, I also assist corporations in applying for work permits under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), based on Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs). With respect to LMIAs, I assist my clients with a variety of LMIA options, be these Owner/Operator (or other recruitment variations) or dual-intent LMIAs to also support a Permanent Residency application.
- Intra Company/Corporate Transfers (based on available international agreements, including GATS, CETA, NAFTA, etc.).
- International Experience Canada (IEC) eligibility programs for accompanying dependent youth.
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) either Express Entry or non-Express Entry streams.
- Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) options, including assistance with advertising, account creation, processing, compliance and maintenance with Service Canada regulations.
- Working together and human resources staff and other stakeholders on Canadian immigration laws and compliance practices (available as in-person training – Canadian Immigration Basics 101).
- Discussing issues relating to inbound visa applications, admissibility concerns, maintaining lawful temporary immigration status and other immigration needs, as applicable.
- Preparation of immigration strategies to mitigate effects of corporate reorganizations (mergers, acquisitions, or spin offs), as well as employment condition changes (salary, title and work location changes).
- Assisting employers in responding to Employer Compliance Reviews, whether these are initiated under the IMP or the TFWP.
Individuals & Professionals
- Applications for visitors, students and temporary foreign work permits (based on available international agreements, including GATS, CETA, NAFTA/USMCA, etc.).
- Reviewing and advising on the preparation of appropriate supporting items and documentation for business visitors (after-sales service providers, speakers, athletes, intra-company training, and others)
- Advising on sensitive and unusual visa situations related to medical and criminal inadmissibility, and assessing for eligibility for temporary resident permits, or applications for individual or deemed rehabilitation.
- Assisting with applying for initial or subsequent permanent resident cards and applying for grants of citizenship, either through descent or naturalization.
- Preparing sponsorship applications for eligible family members, such as spouse, children, parents and grandparents.
- Assistance with permanent residency applications based on Humanitarian & Compassionate grounds.
- Sponsorship and residency appeals at the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB).
- Assistance with non-routine immigration questions and applications, such as electronic Travel Authorizations (eTAs), or Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) requests, or explaining the port of entry (POE) immigration procedures to first time travelers to Canada.